In November 2009 Dr. Teelucksingh and other members of the IMD Coordination Committee formally ratified the core objectives of International Men's Day. The Objectives were ratified to protect the central values of IMD and to offer a reliable reference point for future celebrants.
OBJECTIVES OF INTERNATIONAL MEN’S DAY
The ‘6 Pillars’ of International Men’s Day
1. To promote positive male role models; not just movie stars and sports men but everyday, working class men who are living decent, honest lives.
2. To celebrate men’s positive contributions to society, community, family, marriage, child care, and to the environment
3. To focus on men’s health and wellbeing; social, emotional, physical and spiritual.
4. To highlight discrimination against males; in areas of social services, social attitudes and expectations, and law
5. To improve gender relations and promote gender equality.
6. To create a safer, better world; where people can be safe and grow to reach their full potential.
ENDORSED BY THE INTERNATIONAL MEN'S DAY COORDINATION COMMITTEE
Trinidad & West Indies: Dr. Jerome Teelucksingh, Founder - International Men's Day
Australia: Jason Thompson, Historian and Global Coordinator - International Men's Day
Australia: Warwick Marsh, Media Coordinator - International Men's Day
India: Uma Challa, International Men's Day Coordinator for India USA: D.A. Sears, International Men's Coordinator for USA